If you are seeking to work within a mission-based, nonprofit organization that favorably impacts the lives of individuals in our community each and every day, we strongly encourage you to apply. Our full position description is below. Applicants should submit a cover email and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Community Foundation is accepting applications for a 20-hour per week, part-time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper Assistant. Hours may be flexible hours.
The Community Foundation offers annual and sick leave benefits and well as paid holidays. At this time, it does not offer any healthcare or retirement benefits.
The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties follows an equal opportunity employment practices and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties is seeking a dynamic, community-minded individual to perform in the role of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is a part-time position that reports to the foundation’s Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling a variety of duties that support the Community Foundation’s operations and overall mission.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant supports the work of the Executive Director and provides an array of general administrative and financial/accounting support services for the Community Foundation.
- Maintains accurate and timely accounts payable records.
- Follows procedures and guidelines to make timely payments to vendors and grantees.
- Posts all donor gifts, expense disbursements, and payables
- Provides support to donors, grantees, and vendors seeking financial information about gifts, grants or payments
- Complies with and enforces all Internal Controls policies and procedures
- Provides support for annual financial review
General Administration and Executive Director Support
- Assists with answering phones promptly and courteously
- Maintains filing systems and other support functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Addresses routine inquiries for information in an accurate and timely manner; resolves as many routine inquiries as possible at the first contact opportunity
- Maintains and restocks office equipment and supplies as needed. Maintains necessary inventories.
- Types, files, and prepares correspondence and mailings, photocopying in a timely, accurate and grammatically correct manner
- Oversees or help to prepare personalized donor acknowledgements in a timely, accurate, and grammatically correct manner for signature for appropriate individual
- Assists with special events and programs as needed
- Prepares monthly time sheets for all staff to fill in and after approval by the executive director, keeps them in an electronic file
- Processes all new funds through the Gift Acceptance Committee for approval
- Provides reports for investment and Investment Committee
- Oversees our volunteers
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
Associate’s degree or equivalent. Additional training desirable.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting/Payroll experience and general office experience.
- Willingness and interest in learning software specific to Community Foundations
Personal Qualities and Skills:
Every staff employed by the Community Foundation is expected to possess:
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A dedication to quality and accuracy
- An ability to work well with co-workers; especially in a small office
- An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A commitment to confidentiality
Persons working in this position are expected to possess:
- Strong oral and written communication skills particularly related to financial information and concepts
- An ability to use computer software including, but not limited to word-processing, email, spreadsheets, databases, integrated financial applications.
- Capacity to work independently in a productive manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to qualify as a notary public and pass background checks