Every ten years, the U.S. Constitution requires a count of everyone in our nation. A fair and accurate counts means more federal funding and political representation for our community. Learn the top five things you need to know about the upcoming census.
Here are the Top 5 things to know about the Census:
1. The Census begins in March with a survey that is available online, by phone or by mail. Census workers will follow up in person in May to homes that do not respond.
2. The Census is easy – it is available online in 13 languages and only takes 10 minutes to complete.
3. The Census is safe – federal law prohibits your responses from being shared with outside agency. The Census does not impact your immigration status or government benefits.
4. Everyone Counts – Regardless of age, immigration status, ethnicity, gender or relation, everyone who lives in your home counts on your Census form.
5. The Census does NOT ask for your Social Security Number, financial information, email address, or political party.
Watch the mail in March to participate, and visit loudoun.gov/2020census to learn more.