The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties is now accepting applications to its newly launched 2022 Advancing Development program, an offering of our Social Impact Institute.
Advancing Development is a six-month program designed to support five nonprofit directors of development hone and refine their fundraising skills. Through weekly individual coaching by renowned fundraising expert Cris Wineinger, and monthly cohort group learning sessions, participants will strengthen knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of donor engagement, fundraising strategy, development best practices, and creation of development plans.
Advancing Development is made possible by our sponsor, Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.
- Weekly individual coaching sessions with participants and Cris Wineinger for six months
- Monthly group cohort sessions with all participants, facilitated by Cris Wineinger, for six months
- Individual weekly coaching sessions will be held by Zoom; monthly group cohort sessions will be held in person at the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center
- Participation will be limited to 5 individuals
- Participant fee: $500 per participant
Eligibility and Commitments
- Participants must specifically be a director of development or must demonstrate that their primary job responsibilities are related to development and fundraising. Executive Directors or CEO’s with fundraising responsibilities are not eligible for this opportunity.
- Eligible participants must work for an organization serving Loudoun County with an emphasis on organizations with a physical presence in Loudoun.
- Participants must commit to attending weekly coaching sessions and monthly cohort sessions between June-November 2022.
- Applications must be submitted to Nicole Acosta at [email protected] by Friday, May 13, 2022. Applications must include a copy of the applicant’s position description from their organization that details their job duties as part of their application.
- Applicants will be notified of their participation in the program by June 1, 2022. Applicants selected for participation will then receive an invoice for immediate payment of the program fee.
Download Advancing Development Application Form
Group Cohort Session Dates
- Friday June 24, 2022, 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
- Friday, July 29, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 26, 2022, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, September 23, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, October 28, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 18, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Monthly group cohort sessions will be held in person at the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center (714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176). Individual weekly coaching sessions will be scheduled directly with participants once accepted into the program and will begin the week of June 6, 2022.
Questions? Contact Nicole Acosta at [email protected] or 703-779-3505, x3.
About Cris Wineinger
Cris Wineinger, President of Wineinger & Associates, has more than 25 years’ experience in all aspects of fund raising and nonprofit management in Bermuda and the United States. Mrs. Wineinger’s clients include churches, private schools, environmental agencies, cultural organizations, social service providers and hospitals. Her consulting services encompass capital campaign management, annual fund campaigns, and strategic planning for non-profits. In the last 25 years, Mrs. Wineinger has provided guidance to fundraising campaigns totaling more than $150 million.
Advancing Development Sponsor
Advancing Development is made possible by the generosity of Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.