We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Social Impact Institute’s 2019 Board Chair Roundtable. Board chairs play a critical role in a nonprofit organization’s success, and the role often comes with many challenges. Joining the BCR will give you the opportunity to network and connect with other board chairs; learn effective strategies for honing your board leadership; explore topics related to nonprofit board management, governance, and best practices; and provide and receive support from your peers in a confidential and trusted setting.
Program Design: The BCR will be comprised of a small group of 6-10 nonprofit board chairs who will meet monthly for 90-minute sessions, over six months. The BCR will be organized and facilitated by the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties’ Nicole Acosta, Director of Grants and Nonprofit Programs. Session topics will be designed with input from the BCR participants and may include guest speakers or presenters. BCR participants must complete a Registration Application, due by Friday, February 15, 2019. BCR sessions will begin in March 2019, and will be held at a Leesburg location (exact location to be determined). BCR session schedule will be provided to participants in late February, based on the availability provided in the application form. Program fee is $60.
Eligibility and Commitments:
- Participants must be a current Board Chair of a 501(C)(3) public charity serving Loudoun and/or Northern Fauquier Counties;
- Participants must be a Board Chair of an organization with a Board membership of at least five individuals, with no more than 30% of the majority comprised of family members;
- Participants must complete Registration Application, including cover page signed by the board chair participant, and submit to Nicole Acosta at [email protected]. Board chairs of organizations with executive directors are strongly encouraged to also have this form signed by the executive director, as strong collaboration between a board chair and executive director is vital for a nonprofit organization’s health;
- Participants commit to attending all or a majority of the six monthly BRC sessions, beginning March 2019;
- Participants or their organizations agree to pay the $60 program fee in March 2019.
Board Chair Roundtable 2019 – Registration.
Questions? Contact Nicole at [email protected] or 703-779-3505, x3.