This week we congratulate the newest graduates of our Social Impact Institute’s Leading for Success leadership program for nonprofit leaders:
- Megan Belden, Deputy Director of Program Services, Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- Charlotte Fosque, Executive Director, Blue Ridge Speech and Hearing
- Samantha Kuhn, Executive Director, JK Community Farm
- Nicole Morris, Executive Director, Women Giving Back
- Olivia Rogers, Executive Director, Middleburg Community Center
- Kim Thornburg, Director of Development, Girls on the Run of NOVA
Leading for Success participants completed this year-long program that builds leadership skills of nonprofit executives through executive coaching. Participants engaged in both individual and group coaching sessions with Leigh Shields of Leigh Shields and Associates. As an experienced consultant in executive coaching and leadership development, Leigh has now completed four years of coaching cohorts with Loudoun’s nonprofit leaders.
“In the corporate world, executives frequently benefit from leadership coaching. However, nonprofits often lack the financial resources required to engage in quality executive coaching for their leaders,” said Nicole Acosta, Director of Grants and Nonprofit Programs for the Community Foundation. “The Community Foundation is grateful to be able to offer Leigh’s phenomenal coaching skills to our nonprofit leaders who might not otherwise have access to a program like this. We commend the organizations that participated for investing in their leadership through this program.”
About the Social Impact Institute
The Social Impact Institute offers deep-dive professional development programs for nonprofit leaders. 2020 programs of the Social Impact Institute include the Board Chair Roundtable, Leading for Success, the Learning Lab series, and Racial Equity Framework.