Join our team through our newly created position, Manager of Communications and Donor Engagement. We look for someone who cares about helping to meet the charitable needs in our community and advance the Community Foundation’s mission, messaging, and branding. We have a small but mighty staff committed to excellence in work ethics and rewarded with high job satisfaction. We are committed to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion in both our programs and people power.
The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties based in Leesburg, VA, is a highly visible and dynamic nonprofit serving our footprint. Last year, we distributed more than $2.2 million in grants to some 150 charities and offered training and professional development to 300 nonprofit leaders. We work with an active volunteer board of directors to implement a vigorous series of programs within our community for philanthropists, stakeholders, and nonprofit leaders. From grantmaking, to education, to engaging donors who care about community, our mission to Grow Community Giving depends upon helping people understand our brand and feel authentically connected to our purpose with a diverse lens and varied lived experiences.
This position will be open until filled. However, we appreciate your resume and cover email no later than April 30, 2021, as detailed, below, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Foundation seeks a dynamic, community-minded individual to join its team as Manager of Communications and Donor Engagement. The position is a full-time and reports to the Foundation’s President while also working closely with the Director of Grants and Nonprofit Programs, with primary roles managing social media, news releases, media relations, e-newsletter publication, annual Report to the Community, Philanthropy Summit and community event planning as well as joining our team to brainstorm, grow, and develop initiatives and programs that benefit our community. The position also will aid and accompany the President in providing program and administrative support for one of the Community Foundation’s key donor advised funds.
The Community Foundation operational hours are 9 AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. During COVID, we have developed a smart system for working remotely; staff rotate in once per week for filing and other necessary office functions at this time. Beyond COVID, our offices serve as a classroom (up to 50) and meeting space for nonprofit board meetings and small group nonprofit programs.
The Community Foundation provides a generous annual/vacation leave policy and Simple IRA match. At this time, no medical benefits are available. We commit to equal opportunity employment with a value of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This position is funded through and contingent upon the generosity of our donors and partner funders.
Manager of Communications and Donor Engagement
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager of Communications and Donor Engagement reports to the President and takes the lead on all forms of outreach and marketing, while providing support and outreach to specific donors or fund holders.
Communications and Marketing
- Support and manage vendors and contractors related to outreach, communications, and marketing
- Develop new platforms for outreach and engagement while maintaining those in place
- Develop and manage brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions
- Manage presence through Community Foundation-led community programs and conferences
- Support the budget for outreach and communications team and ensure compliance
- Ensure our diverse community views the organization positively
- Create and submit press releases and marketing campaigns
- Secure media coverage highlighting Community Foundation initiatives and achievements through radio, television, and internet channels
- Develop external publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, website, video, special projects, and assignments
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the President
Donor Engagement Communications
- Develop fundraising and packaging plans for corporate sponsors
- Ensure proper acknowledgement systems are in place for public acknowledgement of corporate sponsors
- Manage and help develop community-based conferences, summits, events, and meetings
- Develop and write email monthly messages for personalized donor engagement
- Support database entry of donor engagement
- With the President, provide direct administrative and programmatic support to the Loudoun Community Cabinet giving circle/donor advised fund:
- Maintaining connections to all members
- Scheduling meetings, confirmations, attending meetings, taking minutes
- Supporting and managing programmatic efforts
- Attending biweekly meetings with Cabinet Chair
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the President
Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, public relations. Additional training, education, or experience desirable
- Willingness and interest in learning software specific to Community Foundations for tracking donor engagement
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Every staff employed by the Community Foundation is expected to possess:
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A dedication to quality and accuracy
- Detail oriented
- An ability to work well with co-workers; especially in a small office
- An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Persons working in this position are expected to possess:
- Strong oral and written communication skills particularly related to media outreach and publications
- An ability to use computer software including, but not limited to word-processing, email, spreadsheets, databases, integrated financial applications, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, Mail Chimp, photo editing (ie, Canva), and social media applications
- Capacity to work independently in a productive manner with minimal supervision
Our position recruitment is being supported ARM Consulting. Your resume and cover email and questions should be directed to: Pamela Brackett email@example.com
A Final candidate will undergo a background and reference checks before a final offer is made.
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS