In Our Nonprofit Community
These meetings welcome newcomers and provide you with an excellent means to meet, greet, and network with our nonprofit leaders.
- Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center—A resource connection for those seeking to volunteer and those seeking volunteers. Visit Loudoun Cares website to learn more.
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit Initiative (NPI)—a monthly networking meeting held the Third Tuesday of Each Month, from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM for all local charities (both that are Chamber members and those that are not) that also includes short presentations from professionals in the field on such topics as risk management, human resources, marketing, special events, leadership development, etc. No registration is required; just show up: Loudoun Chamber of Commerce, Meeting Room, 19301 Winmeade Dr #210, Leesburg, VA 20176. For more information, email Paige Romanow.
- Loudoun County Preservation and Conservation Coalition—comprised of non-profit, history-based and conservation organizations formed in partnership. Contact email@example.com or visit their website.
- Nonprofit Academy—a partnership among the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties, Loudoun Cares, and the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce, the Nonprofit Academy is a workshop and training program on nonprofit best practices and more that offers a certificate of completion. Registration is strongly encouraged; costs range from $25 and up per workshop. Visit the Chamber of Commerce and its events for Nonprofit Academy offerings or contact Amy@CommunityFoundationLF.org.
- Loudoun Human Services Network—a dues-based coalition of Loudoun charities dedicated to health and human service causes. LHSN meets bimonthly. To receive notices of meetings, email Andrea Eck for more information.
- Loudoun Pediatric Obesity Coalition—a coalition dedicated to reducing childhood obesity through food education, gardening education, exercise and activity, and to serve as a clearinghouse and outreach group to increase awareness. The group meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month at Healthworks Third Floor Meeting Room, 163 Fort Evans Road NE, Leesburg, VA 20176. Visitors and interested members are welcome. Contact oMcintyre@nvfs.org.
- Loudoun County Continuum of Care—The Loudoun County Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community coalition of public, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations that provide a variety of shelter and support services to persons that are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The overarching goal of the group is to ensure that there is a continuum of services to meet the needs of homeless persons in the community. The group meets monthly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loudoun Trauma-Informed Community Network--A Trauma-Informed Community Network — or TICN — is a diverse group of professionals, partners and community members working collaboratively to create support structures for the successful implementation of trauma-informed care initiatives across the health, human services and education systems. SCAN of Northern Virginia currently facilitates the Loudoun TICN, which was formed in 2018 and meets monthly. Any nonprofit, service provider (private or government), or community member interested in trauma-informed care is invited to participate. Meeting dates can be found here; contact Allyson Halverson at email@example.com for more info.
- Local Charities—If you’re interested in a more in-depth conversation about local charities, their work and their capacity, please get in touch with us! There’s so much more we’d like you to know. Nicole@CommunityFoundation or Amy@CommunityFoundationLF.org