The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties is now accepting applications to the 2021 Leadership Institute, a program of our Social Impact Institute.
The Leadership Institute is a six-session series designed to help nonprofit and government leaders at all levels of experience to increase supervisory effectiveness and professional accountability. The Leadership Institute will be led by Terrie Glass of Zelos, LLC.
- Six, four-hour sessions held via video conferencing using Zoom
- Participants receive individual communication style assessment
- Participation will be limited to 20 individuals
- Participant fee: $75
- Leading from the Inside Out: The Importance of Self-Awareness
- Communicating Effectively: Understanding Communication Style
- Developing Others
- Managing Conflict
- Leading Teams
- Leading Change & Ensuring Results
- Session One – Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Session Two – Friday, October 8, 2021
- Session Three – Friday, October 22, 2021
- Session Four – Friday, November 5, 2021
- Session Five – Monday, November 15, 2021
- Session Six – Tuesday, December 7, 2021
All sessions take place from 10:00am-12:00pm and resume at 2:00pm-4:00pm for a total of four hours per session via video conferencing using Zoom (participants must attend both morning and afternoon portions of each session).
Eligibility and Commitments
- Participants must be either 1) a leader or supervisor for a human services nonprofit organization serving or located in Loudoun, or 2) a leader or supervisor for one of Loudoun County government’s human service departments, including Department of Family Services, Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Developmental Services, Department of Community Corrections, Loudoun County Health Department, Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, or Loudoun County Public Schools (exceptions will be considered, please reach out us before submitting application if needed);
- Participants must commit to attending all six sessions in entirety;
- Leaders/supervisors from the same organization may participate; however, if more applications are received than slots available, only one participant from an organization may be selected
Applications must be submitted to Nicole Acosta at [email protected] by Monday, August 16. The application form is available for download below. Applicants will be notified of their participation in the program by Monday, August 23. Applicants selected for participation will then receive an invoice for immediate payment.
Questions? Contact Nicole Acosta at [email protected] or 703-779-3505, x3.
About Terrie Glass
Terrie Glass is a dynamic, engaging trainer, speaker, facilitator, team builder, and consultant with experience working with public sector agencies, large corporations, small businesses, and organizations. As a Certified Speaking Professional by the National Speaker’s Association, she is an invited keynote speaker and trainer on a variety of professional growth and leadership topics. Her expertise lies in leadership development, facilitation, human resource management, and team building, and her focus in leadership development is designed specifically to enable leaders at all levels of experience to increase effectiveness and professional satisfaction. Terrie has been the Zelos Director of Leadership Development since 2012. Terrie has also published her first book, Blood, Sweat, and Bricks: Laying Your Foundation for Effective Leadership. She holds a master’s and bachelor’s degree in social work. Terrie has delivered the Leadership Institute program in Richmond and other communities since 2007 and looks forward to empowering Loudoun’s nonprofit leaders.
Leadership Institute Sponsor
The Leadership Institute is made possible by the generosity of Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.