Do you want to learn more about the needs in Loudoun? Are you interested in investing in your community through grantmaking and want to increase the impact of your donations but don’t know where to start? Learn more about the Loudoun Impact Fund and how you can join with others in your community to maximize the impact of your philanthropy.
What is the Loudoun Impact Fund?
The Loudoun Impact Fund is a giving circle of engaged Loudoun County donors who pool their gifts together to make bigger and more meaningful impact through grants to local nonprofits. The Loudoun Impact Fund is managed by the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties in partnership with the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia.
The Loudoun Impact Found invests in Loudoun County to address critical needs facing the community each year, supporting the area of human services with a focus on youth/children, older adults/seniors, and people with disabilities in Loudoun County.
How Can I Become a Member?
Members make an annual, tax deductible contribution to the Loudoun Impact Fund through either the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties or the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia. Minimum membership contribution levels are $1,000 for individuals, and $5,000 for companies. Individual donors joining the Loudoun Impact Fund for the very first time may join at the $500 level their first year. If you wish to contribute but not at the membership level, donations of any amount are welcome.
Join Today – Donate Now
Donations to the Loudoun Impact Fund can be made online or by check.
- Donate online here
- To donate by check
- Make checks payable to: “CFLNFC” (Memo line: Loudoun Impact Fund)
- Mail to Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties, PO Box 342, Leesburg, VA 20178
- Be sure to include a note with your email address, so we can send you information about the grant selection process!
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- A seat on the Loudoun Impact Fund Grants committee, a volunteer community-based group that reviews grant applications from nonprofits and makes final grant recommendations from the Loudoun Impact Fund;
- The opportunity to learn more about needs and important nonprofit services in your community;
- Connecting and meeting fellow philanthropists who care deeply about their community, as you do;
- Special recognition in annual reports produced by the Community Foundation.
What Happens After I Join?
The donation period to join the Loudoun Impact Fund is generally throughout the summer and fall, although gifts are welcome anytime of the year. During the fall, nonprofits are invited to apply for funding to the Loudoun Impact Fund. After the Community Foundation receives funding applications from the nonprofits, Loudoun Impact Fund members are invited review the applications and then meet in late fall/early winter to complete their grantmaking work together as a group. Afterwards, members will have the chance meet and congratulate representatives from the nonprofits that received funding.
Loudoun Impact Fund Grantmaking Facts
- In its first year, 2014, the Loudoun Impact Fund granted $50,000 to 5 nonprofit organizations. In 2022, the Loudoun Impact Fund granted $112,000 to 14 nonprofit organizations.
- In total, Loudoun Impact fund has granted nearly $911,725 between 2014-2022.
- In 2022, the Loudoun Impact Fund was supported by approximately 50 members – consider join this amazing group of philanthropists by becoming a fellow grantmaker in 2023!
Nonprofits Seeking Grants
Nonprofits interested in applying to the Loudoun Impact Fund can find more information here: https://communityfoundationlf.org/grant-seekers/
Contact Nicole Acosta, Vice President of Grants and Nonprofit Programs.