The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties granted $5,000 to five organizations at the recommendation of the recent winners of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce Community Leadership Awards.
The Loudoun Chamber announced the 2020 winners on January 24, 2020, at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting and Community Leadership Awards. Each year, winners of the Community Leadership Awards have the opportunity to select a nonprofit organization to receive a $1,000 grant, provided by the Community Foundation.
“Loudoun County is a strong and prosperous community because so many businesses and community leaders have given so generously of their energy, expertise and resources to serve the needs of our neighbors, friends and coworkers,” said Loudoun Chamber President & CEO Tony Howard. “The Loudoun Chamber is proud to be in a position to honor these great community leaders for the hard work and valuable contributions they have made to everyone who calls Loudoun County home.”
This year’s winners selected the following organizations to receive a grant in their honor:
- $1,000 to Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, selected by Jimmy Olevson, winner of the Executive Leader category
- $1,000 to Loudoun Hunger Relief, selected by Jennifer Montgomery, winner of the Nonprofit Executive category
- $1,000 to Ryan Bartel Foundation, selected by Katie Barchas Wilson, winner of the Young Professional category
- $1,000 to Touching Heart, selected by the Zone, winner of the Small Organization category
- $1,000 to Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter, selected by Falcon Heating and Air Conditioning, winner of the Large Organization category
“We are so lucky to live in a county where we celebrate community leadership and the good work being done in so many ways – large and small. Anyone can give back,” said Jennifer Montgomery, Executive Director of Loudoun Hunger Relief and winner of the Nonprofit Professional category. “Figure out what you care about, find an organization that cares about the same things and offer to help. It’s really that simple! Be a part of something bigger than yourself.”
To learn more about the Loudoun Chamber’s Community Leadership Awards, visit: https://www.loudounchamber.org/community-leadership-awards/.