The Loudoun Chamber of Commerce announced this month that its Loudoun Chamber Foundation, a fund of the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties, has selected six local nonprofit organizations to each receive $4,000 grants to support their work in our community.
Founded in 2014, the Loudoun Chamber Foundation invests in local nonprofits that are focused on the economy, workforce development, public safety and wellness in Loudoun. In that short period, the Foundation has invested a total of $82,000 into the Loudoun community.
“As the 2018 Chair of the Loudoun Chamber’s Board of Directors, I am proud to see our business community stepping up to support the needs of Loudoun’s citizens. As business leaders, we recognize that quality of life issues are business issues, and that by supporting Loudoun’s outstanding nonprofits we are serving the economic interests of our entire community,” said Mitch Sproul, of Toth Financial Advisory Corp.
The organizations receiving 2019 Loudoun Chamber Foundation grants are:
- A Farm Less Ordinary – A nonprofit farm that provides employment and training to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by sustainably growing organic vegetables.
- Crossroads Jobs – Helping Loudoun area residents move away from poverty by providing individualized job search and placement services to the unemployed and underemployed.
- Dulles South Food Pantry – Founded in 2014, DSFP provides nutritious food, personal supplies and services to those in need in the Dulles South area.
- Good Shepherd Alliance – A Christian nonprofit that provides help for the homeless and others in need, through emergency and transitional housing and outreach services.
- Loudoun Free Clinic – An organization dedicated to providing quality medical care for adult in Loudoun County who, because of economic barriers, would otherwise do without.
- The Arc of Loudoun – The Arc of Loudoun serves children and adults with disabilities to support their full inclusion and participation in our community throughout their lifetimes.
“The Loudoun Chamber is committed to serving our community by investing in those organizations that are focused on the economic and quality of life needs of all Loudoun’s citizens. These six outstanding nonprofit groups that will to receive Loudoun Chamber Foundation grants are making a real difference in the lives of Loudoun’s families and its neediest citizens. It is a privilege to support their work,” said Chamber President Tony Howard.
The organizations receiving Loudoun Chamber Foundation grants will be honored at the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 Annual Meeting and Community Leadership Awards, on January 25th at The National Conference Center.
To learn more about the Loudoun Chamber Foundation, visit:
Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties – Loudoun Chamber Foundation
Loudoun Chamber of Commerce – Loudoun Chamber Foundation
Loudoun Chamber Foundation awards $24K to six area nonprofits (Loudoun Times-Mirror)