The Loudoun Impact Fund is now accepting gifts for the upcoming 2019 Grant Cycle. Consider joining this engage group of local philanthropists who pool their gifts together, and make grants together, for maximum impact.
What is the Loudoun Impact Fund?
The Loudoun Impact Fund is a giving circle of engaged Loudoun County donors managed in partnership by the Community foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia. As a giving circle, donors pool their gifts together to make bigger and more meaningful impact.
What is its Purpose?
The Loudoun Impact Found Invests strategically in Loudoun County to address critical needs facing the community each year, as determined by the Loudoun Impact Fund donors.
How Can I Become a Member?
Members make an annual, tax deductible contribution to the Loudoun Impact Fund through either the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties or the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia. Minimum membership contribution levels are $1,000 for individuals, and $5,000 for companies. If you wish to contribute but not at the membership level, donations of any amount are welcome.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- A seat on the Loudoun Impact Fund Grants committee, a volunteer community-based group that makes all final grant recommendations to the Loudoun Impact Fund;
- Invitations to all Loudoun Impact Fund special events;
- Special recognition in annual reports produced by the Community Foundation to which you contribute.
How Can I Contribute?
Contributions to the Loudoun Impact Fund can be accepted by either the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties or the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia. Once you make your gift, we will reach out to you with more information about our calendar of events for our grantmaking process.
By Mail: Make checks payable to
“CFLNFC” (Memo line: Loudoun Impact Fund)
PO Box 342, Leesburg, VA 20178
(be sure to include a note with your email address, so we can send you information about the grant selection process)
Loudoun Impact Fund Grantmaking Facts
- In its first year, 2014, the Loudoun Impact Fund granted $50,000 to 5 nonprofit organizations. In 2018, the Loudoun Impact Fund granted $125,000 to 16 nonprofit organizations.
- In 2018, the Loudoun Impact Fund received 33 applications from nonprofits, totaling $273,365 in requests to meet needs in Loudoun County.
- In 2018, Loudoun Impact Fund grants helped over 28,000 at-risk youth, older adults, and people with disabilities in Loudoun County.
- In total, Loudoun Impact fund has granted $492,725 between 2014-2018.
- In 2018, the Loudoun Impact Fund was supported by approximately 50 members.