Loudoun County’s newly-established Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee kicked off its efforts to create a healthy, thriving, safe and inclusive community during an inaugural meeting November 14, 2019. The committee will implement Loudoun County’s first community-wide human services strategic plan.
The Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee will implement the strategies outlined in the Human Services Strategic Plan, which aims to meet the county’s human service needs, such as affordable health care, child care and housing. The Human Services Strategic Plan was developed in partnership between Loudoun County Government, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties, and the Loudoun Human Services Network. Some of the plan strategies are already underway in the county, including the establishment of a coalition of Loudoun County’s behavioral health providers and the creation of a youth engagement forum.
Committee members are expected to create and implement an annual work plan, convene or support subcommittees, conduct or collect research and identify resource needs. The first task of the committee is the development of a one-year action plan that will be presented to the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors.
The committee is comprised of 16 members from human services agencies, organizations, and interest areas from across the county:
- Assistant County Administrator Valmarie Turner
- Loudoun County Department of Family Services Director Glenda Blake
- Loudoun County Health Department Director Dr. David Goodfriend
- Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services Director Margaret Graham
- Loudoun County Grants Coordinator Shalom Black
- Loudoun Human Services Network Chair Jennifer Montgomery, Executive Director, Loudoun Hunger Relief
- Loudoun Human Services Network Vice Chair Nikki Daruwala, Executive Director, Loudoun Literacy Council
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) Executive Director Dr. Judy Hanley
- Northern Virginia Family Services Executive Vice President Andrea Eck
- Loudoun Cares Executive Director Valerie Pisierra
- Loudoun County Public Schools Assistant Superintendent, Department of Pupil Services, Dr. Asia Jones
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Member Monica Tressler
- Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties President & CEO Amy Owen
- Underrepresented Population Representative Camille Wider
- Consumer Representative Julie Pierson
- Faith-Based Community Representative Catherine Hassinger Toepfer
Representative committee members, who were appointed by the County Administrator, will serve two-year terms, with a limit of three terms. The committee will meet at least six times per year for two hours per meeting.
To learn more about the plan and the committee, visit https://communityfoundationlf.org/loudoun-county-human-services-strategic-plan-unveiled/.