The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties announces a new Social Impact Institute program in 2020: The Leadership Institute.
The Leadership Institute is a six-session series designed to help nonprofit leaders and managers at all levels of experience to increase supervisory effectiveness and professional accountability. The Leadership Institute will be led by Terrie Glass of Zelos, LLC.
- 6 full-day sessions
- 1 session per month
- Participants receive individual communication style assessment
- Participation will be limited to 20 individuals
- Participant fee: $350 (or $300 for past Social Impact Institute participants)
Session Dates and Topics
- Session One (Tuesday, May 12, 2020) – Leading from the Inside Out: The Importance of Self Awareness
- Session Two (Tuesday, June 9, 2020) – Communicating Effectively: Understanding Communication Style
- Session Three (Tuesday, July 14, 2020) – Developing Others
- Session Four (Tuesday, August 11, 2020) – Managing Conflict
- Session Five (Tuesday, September 8, 2020) – Leading Teams
- Session Six (Tuesday, October 13, 2020) – Leading Change, Ensuring Results
All sessions take place 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Community Foundation’s Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center, 714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176.
Eligibility and Commitments
- Participants must be a leader or supervisor for a human services nonprofit organization serving or located in Loudoun (exceptions may be considered, please talk with us before submitting if needed);
- Participants must commit to attending all six sessions (exceptions may be considered, please talk with us before submitting if needed);
- Leaders/supervisors from the same organization may participate; however, if more applications are received than slots available, only one participant from an organization may be selected;
- Applicants must submit application to Nicole Acosta at email@example.com on or before Friday, March 20, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their participation in the program by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Download Leadership Institute Application
Questions? Contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-779-3505, x3.
About Terrie Glass
Terrie Glass is a dynamic, engaging trainer, speaker, facilitator, team builder, and consultant with experience working with public sector agencies, large corporations, small businesses, and organizations. As a Certified Speaking Professional by the National Speaker’s Association, she is an invited keynote speaker and trainer on a variety of professional growth and leadership topics. Her expertise lies in leadership development, facilitation, human resource management, and team building, and her focus in leadership development is designed specifically to enable leaders at all levels of experience to increase effectiveness and professional satisfaction. Terrie has been the Zelos Director of Leadership Development since 2012. Terrie has also published her first book, Blood, Sweat, and Bricks: Laying Your Foundation for Effective Leadership. She holds a master’s and bachelor’s degree in social work. Terrie has delivered the Leadership Institute program in Richmond and other communities since 2007 and looks forward to bringing it to Loudoun’s nonprofit leaders.