Application Deadline June 18 – New Dates and Program Design
The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties re-announces a new offering through the Social Impact Institute program in 2020: The Leadership Institute.
The Leadership Institute is a six-session series designed to help nonprofit leaders and managers at all levels of experience to increase supervisory effectiveness and professional accountability. The Leadership Institute will be led by Terrie Glass of Zelos, LLC.
Originally announced in February, the Leadership Institute was placed on hold as we navigated COVID-19. We have revamped our program design to a video format and are now accepting applications.
- Six, four-hour sessions held via video conferencing using Zoom
- Participants receive individual communication style assessment
- Participation will be limited to 20 individuals
- Participant fee: $100 (or $75 for employees of an organizations that has participated in previous Social Impact Institute programs). Please talk with us if needed regarding program fee.
Session Dates and Topics
- Session One (Tuesday, July 14, 2020) – Leading from the Inside Out: The Importance of Self-Awareness
- Session Two (Tuesday, August 11, 2020) – Communicating Effectively: Understanding Communication Style
- Session Three (Tuesday, September 8, 2020) – Developing Others
- Session Four (Tuesday, September 29, 2020) – Managing Conflict
- Session Five (Tuesday, October 13, 2020) – Leading Teams
- Session Six (Tuesday, October 27, 2020) – Leading Change, Ensuring Results
All sessions take place from 10:00am-12:00pm and resume at 2:00pm-4:00pm for a total of four hours per session via video conferencing using Zoom (participants must attend both morning and afternoon portions of each session).
Eligibility and Commitments:
- Participants must be a leader or supervisor for a human services nonprofit organization serving or located in Loudoun (exceptions may be considered, please talk with us before submitting application if needed);
- Participants must commit to attending all six sessions (exceptions may be considered, please talk with us before submitting application if needed);
- Leaders/supervisors from the same organization may participate; however, if more applications are received than slots available, only one participant from an organization may be selected;
- Applications must be submitted to Nicole Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 18, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their participation in the program by Friday, June 26, 2020. Upon acceptance, an invoice will be submitted for immediate payment to your organization.
Download Application Below:
Revised Leadership Institute Application 2020
Questions? Contact Nicole Acosta at email@example.com or 703-779-3505, x3.
About Terrie Glass