Getting personalized support and specialized training are rare opportunities for nonprofit executives and professionals. The Social Impact Institute offers that kind of support.
In 2020, the Social Impact Institute launched three initiatives:
(1) The Leadership Institute, a leadership development program for nonprofit executive leaders and managers, all of whom face the challenges of care and feeding of their board of directors, fundraising pressures, supervision and management, and making sure their organization’s mission and strategic goals are on track. Sound easy? This is a program that appreciates those diverse demands, and works to advance the professional to the benefit of the charity.
(2) The Board Chair Roundtable, providing local nonprofit board chairs an opportunity to network, learn, and work together to hone their board leadership skills.
(3) The Learning Lab, a series of full-day, deeper-dive workshops. Past and current workshops within the Learning Lab series include Grant Writing 101: Grant Writing, Grantor Research, and Program Evaluation; The Board’s Role in Fundraising; Board Governance 101; and The Rise of the Citizen Storyteller.
Past programs of the Social Impact Institute have included:
- Leading for Success, an individual and group leadership coaching program for nonprofit executives
- Executive Directors Retreat, an opportunity for nonprofit executives to collaborate and learn together
- Accelerating Mission Impact, a team coaching opportunity for nonprofit and board leaders to tackle important issues within their organization
- Strategic Planning Consortium, an opportunity for four nonprofits organizations to receive professional strategic planning consultation