The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and Community Foundation for Northern Virginia have partnered to offer grant opportunities to qualifying organizations serving Loudoun County through the Loudoun Impact Fund.
The Loudoun Impact Fund is a giving circle of caring donors, each making gifts of $1,000 (per person) or $5,000 (per foundation or corporation) to the Fund. Gifts are pooled together to leverage funding and offer grants with impact, here at home. Donors to the Loudoun Impact Fund serve as volunteer proposal reviewers and make funding recommendations together as a group. Some members are new to grantmaking while others have participated in the grantmaking process for many years. Loudoun Impact Fund grantmakers look forward to learning more about community needs, local programs, and creative solutions in Loudoun County.
The Loudoun Impact Fund grant advisors will consider applications to fund services and projects that positively impact one of these three populations: 1) vulnerable or at-risk children and youth; 2) people with disabilities; or 3) older adults in Loudoun County.
Examples of proposed projects and services that may be prioritized for funding include:
- Basic needs support for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children or youth, people with disabilities, and/or older adults, including food, shelter, and housing;
- Physical and behavioral health and wellness for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth, people with disabilities, and/or older adults;
- Trauma-informed services for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth, people with disabilities, and/or older adults, addressing and preventing family violence and/or abuse;
- Academic and school-readiness support for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Programs providing high-quality child care for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Programs providing life-skills, literacy services, job training, and/or employment placement services to low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk youth, people with disabilities, and/or older adults;
- Youth development and leadership opportunities for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children or youth;
- Programs providing social support, day-support, transportation assistance, and/or respite care for people with disabilities and/or older adults.
The grant award period is considered to be December 1, 2023 – November 1, 2024. Proposed projects, programs and services must be completed within the grant award period.
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity in good standing with the IRS, school, or faith-based organization (NOTE: The Loudoun Impact Fund can support faith-based organizations; however, it will not support projects that either provide or require religious teachings to its program participants or exclude participants of different faiths.)
Application Deadlines and Reviews
Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, August 29, 2023, and are due by Friday, September 29, 2023, 5:00 p.m. The Loudoun Impact Fund members will review applications and make funding recommendations to the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors for approval.
An optional pre-application workshop will be held on Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom. To register, visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqd–rqjssHdGNbUWL7pvr5Rx9vzW4fCRQ. The workshop will be recorded and emailed to everyone who registers.
Grant Size, Notification, Final Reporting
An estimated $75,000-$100,000 will be available for distribution. Grants are expected to range from $5,000 to $15,000; grants of less than $5,000 will be considered. Partial grants may be awarded. Grant awards are anticipated to be announced by December 5, 2023. Grantees will be requested to participate in an in-person grantee and donor reception planned the evening of Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. It is recommended that applicants hold that time on their calendar in advance.
A final report of outputs, outcomes and grant expenses must be provided to the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties by November 1, 2024; all grant funds must be expended before that date. Extensions may be allowed, but must be approved in writing in advance. The grant award period is December 1, 2023 – November 1, 2024.
Applications are accepted online through our online grant portal here: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cflf
Contact Nicole Acosta at [email protected] or 703-779-3505, x3.