Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center
Newly unveiled in summer 2019, the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center provides a learning environment for the Community Foundation’s nonprofit training and leadership programs, including the Nonprofit Academy workshop series, Social Impact Institute programs, and more. Located at 714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA, 20176, the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center also serves as an art gallery, featuring the original artwork of local artists.
The Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center is also available on a limited basis for local nonprofits to use as a meeting or training space. To see if the room is available on your date needed, email email@example.com.
- The Training Center is comprised of a training room that can accommodate up to 49 people, a kitchen (with sink and dishwasher), and restroom facilities available for use by nonprofit organizations board and business meetings and trainings. The room is not available for client service or program delivery. For example, the room isn’t designed to host clinics, client screenings, political activities, or ongoing programs undertaken by your organization. The Training Center is not available at this time for special events or fundraising events.
- The Center is available for use from 8:00 AM-9:00 PM, Monday-Friday based on availability, advanced notice, and availability of Community Foundation representatives’ oversight.
- Weekends and holidays may be available on a case-by-case basis.
- Only the training room, kitchen and restroom facilities are available for use. The Center houses the Community Foundation offices, therefore additional spaces within the building are not available for use. Please respect these spaces as working offices for the Community Foundation staff; meetings with staff should not be expected on an ad hoc In other words, please make an advanced appointment if you wish to talk with Community Foundation staff before or after your room booking time.
- Food and drink must be provided by the user. However, some amenities are provided. Please see the list below.
- The Training Center includes an ADA-accessible bathroom facilities in the hall by the Community Foundation’s main entrance.
- Users may notify participants of the meeting room by name and address as the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center, 714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176. No outside signage is permitted.
- Organizations may reserve the Training Center no more than two times per month.
- To reserve the Training Center, organizations must provide a Certificate of Insurance validating that the organization has a General Liability Insurance policy with a minimum of $1,000,000 in coverage, and naming the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties as an Additional Insured. No exceptions. Organizations may request their Certificate of Insurance from their insurance provider and forward that to our contacts. When possible, we recommend that you request your insurance broker to name the Community Foundation for the term of your policy. This will make easier subsequent reservation requests during your policy year.
- Certificate of Insurance must be provided with your reservation request.
To see if the room is available on your date needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a formal request, the following steps are followed:
- Training room reservations are made by emailing a copy of the CMNTC Room Agreement and Reservation Form to email@example.com.
- Reservations are confirmed, via email, as soon as possible upon our receipt of all necessary documents: (1) Signed Room Reservation Policies & Procedures Agreement, and (2) Certificate of Insurance (see below).
- Requests should be made two weeks in advance of the User’s intended meeting date.
- The Community Foundation reserves the right to cancel room reservations based on weather conditions and school closures. The Community Foundation follows Loudoun County Public School’s schedule during inclement weather.
- The Community Foundation recommends a donation of $25 – $250, per meeting, via a check. Checks should be made out to “Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties” (“room reservation” in memo line), and mailed or hand delivered to 714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176.
- User agrees to pay for any damages caused to the Center and its surrounding property while using the Center.Cost of any cleaning and/or repairs necessary will be invoiced to the user organization.
- Users of the Training Center are responsible for their own room set-up and break down, and returning the room, bathrooms, and kitchen as found.
- Please include time needed for set-up and break down in your reservation request.
- Tables and/or chairs that need to be removed from the room may be stored in the adjoining file room, while maintaining a clear exit.
- Items are not to be left in the hallways.
- To assist with room set-up, sample room layouts are available here.
- Users and their guests should use the entrance labeled “Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center” to enter and exit the Training Center.A door code will be provided to the Primary Contact. The Primary Contact shall not share this code with other participants in your meeting. We suggest assigning someone to meet, greet, as well as open the Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center door for those arriving for your meeting.
- Except in emergency, no other doors in the building should be used for ingress or egress and should remain locked unless otherwise used by Community Foundation staff.
- The Training Center provides:
- Tables/Chairs for 49
- Flip chart easels (no flip chart paper)
- Laptop computer with internet connectivity
- Ceiling-mounted projector
- Projector screen
- Water cooler
- Water glasses
- Coffee mugs
- Coffee maker
- Forks and Knives
- Dishwasher and soap
NOTE: A small medical kit is in the drawer of the corner cupboard at the entrance of the CMNTC.
- The User provides:
- Office supplies (paper, pen, markers)
- Flip chart paper
- USB/Thumb drive with presentations to be displayed
- Paper plates and Napkins
- Drinks (alcohol not permitted)
- Children under 17 must be supervised by adult at all times.
- Items or signage may not be hung or taped to the walls.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- No disposing of liquids in the trash receptacles; all drinks/liquids should be poured into sink.
- No food is to be placed in recycle bins.
- No decorations may be used without express and advanced permission.
- Animals are not permitted in the building, with the exception of service animals.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Firearms of any kind are not permitted in the building or on the grounds, including the parking lot, with the exception of on-duty law enforcement officers.
- Users may not use the Community Foundation’s logo on its program or meeting materials.
- The Community Foundation copy machine is not available for use; please bring copies needed for your meeting.
- Failure to follow guidelines and requirements may jeopardize future grants and room reservation opportunities.
- The Training Center must be left clean and undamaged and in the configuration it was found. It is the responsibility of the Training room User to leave the room and kitchen in the same condition in which they were found. This includes cleaning up the kitchen area, vacuuming the conference room, removing garbage and recyclables. Users must:
- Load and run dishwasher (soap is under the sink)
- Vacuum if necessary. The vacuum cleaner is in the front closet.
- Remove all trash and recycling and place in outside garbage receptacleslocated outside and to the left, against the fence. (Trash bags are kept in the cleaning supply closet.)
- Remove all items that you brought in with you, including all leftover food, drink,or supplies of any type.
- Turn off all lights upon leaving.
- Remove door code sign and store in cabinet drawers by Training Center Door upon leaving.
- Complete any additional items on the separate “check-out list,” posted on the refrigerator and provided to you upon arrival.
- If using air conditioning, leave at 78 degrees upon exit. If using heat, leave at 65 degrees upon exit.
The Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center is a gift to our community. We thank our nonprofit leaders for their interest and support of its use.