The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties announced the recipients of its 2023 Black-led Nonprofit Grant program through its Racial Equity Fund, awarding $20,000 collectively to eleven local nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County.
In fall of 2021, the Community Foundation established a Racial Equity Fund to support grantmaking for emerging and grassroots Black-and-Brown-led nonprofit organizations, equity initiatives, and advancement of equity leadership. The Black-led Nonprofit Grants program was established with an inaugural grant cycle in 2022 to help address inequities and systemic racism within philanthropy that have historically impacted funding opportunities for Black-led and serving organizations.
The Black-led Nonprofit Grant Program is made possible by support from Google, who provided the funding for this year’s grant cycle. The Community Foundation invited organizations demonstrating Black leadership among its executive leaders and board and serving Loudoun County to apply for mini-grants between $1,000 and $3,000. Grants were prioritized for new or emerging organizations and those serving the Black community in Loudoun. Grant applications were reviewed and selected by a local, community-based selection committee comprised of Black business, community, and nonprofit leaders.
The following grants were awarded:
• BURG Family Reunion Club received $1,000
• Endeavor to Dream Foundation received $2,500
• Hearts of Empowerment, Inc. received $1,000
• JGH Educational and Charitable Foundation, Inc. received $1,500
• Loudoun Freedom Center received $1,500
• Mission Fulfilled 2030 received $1,000
• NAACP Loudoun Branch, Unit 7084, received $1,500
• National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives Northern Virginia Chapter received $1,500
• Psi Rho Omega Pearls of Loudoun – Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc. received $3,000
• The Family One received $2,500
• The Loudoun-Douglass Alumni Association received $3,000
About the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
Founded in 1999 by local volunteers, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designed to accelerate community giving for common good in Loudoun and northern Fauquier counties, surrounding areas and across the nation. Since its inception, the Community Foundation has granted more than $15 million. Donors who include the Community Foundation in their philanthropic vision benefit from low fees, knowledgeable staff, and personal assurance that legal and accounting issues are managed under one cost-effective banner: the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties. CommunityFoundationLF.org (703) 779-3505. www.communityfoundationlf.org