Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (check-in and networking 9:00 – 9:15 a.m.)
Location: Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center
(714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA, 20176)
Fee: $35 for Loudoun Chamber members, $55 for future members
About the Workshop
Being intentional about your nonprofit’s compensation policy is key to attracting and retaining the right members on your team. Through this workshop we will provide a common understanding of the concrete factors to consider when designing your organization’s compensation policy.
Participants will learn how to design a compensation policy around:
- and Organizational Values
Key Learning Objectives:
- Ability to recognize which policies are designed for recruitment vs. retention
- Understand the different approaches to fairness
- How to have transparent discussions among board and leadership about whether organizational values are reflected in the organization’s compensation policy.
This workshop is for:
- Nonprofit leaders seeking to review or design their organization’s compensation policies;
- Board members seeking to understand how to use compensation policy impacts the success of their organization;
- Nonprofit professionals with assigned HR responsibilities;
- Nonprofit leaders or volunteers wanting to learn more about establishing salary and compensation policies.
About the Presenter
Leon Seemann (www.ConsultwithLeon.com) is a management consultant with over 25 years of experience helping nonprofits grow and thrive. His strategies are built to ensure that the organizations are well funded, well managed and well respected.
His three core deliverables are: Transitional Leadership (CFO, COO, Executive Director), meeting/teambuilding facilitation, and strategic planning/Analysis.
Mr. Seemann is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with expertise in finance, operations, HR and fundraising. He focuses on helping organizations be more effective tomorrow than they are today.
About the Nonprofit Academy
In partnership with the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce and its Nonprofit Initiative, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties launched an ongoing workshop and training program for area nonprofits called the Nonprofit Academy. Each year, more than 200 attendees join workshops on fundraising, administration and HR, and publicity and outreach.