Date: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (check-in and networking 9:45-10:00 a.m.)
Location: Claude Moore Nonprofit Training Center
(714 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA, 20176)
Fee: $35 for Loudoun Chamber members, $50 for nonmembers
*Registration will close at 2:00 pm on 11/30/22
About the Workshop
Understanding your nonprofit’s financial reports is an essential ingredient to ensure your organization is financially healthy and growing. Join this dynamic workshop as we Look Behind the Curtain: See Past the Magic and Understand the Essentials of Nonprofit Financial Reports.
Participants will learn how financial statements are used for the following:
- Understanding financial health of an organization
- Conveying the story to donors
- Differentiate between cash and budgets
- Determining and managing reserves
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand the financial statements of a nonprofit organization
- Gain confidence in reviewing financial statements and how to use them to effectively solicit gifts
- Learn how reviewing the statements help in making key decisions for your organization
This workshop is for:
- Nonprofit leaders seeking to deepen their understanding of their organization’s financial health
- Nonprofit fundraisers seeking to strengthen their financial literacy and apply that knowledge to their development strategies
- Board members seeking to understand how to use financial reports make important decisions
- New nonprofit professionals seeking to increase their comfort with basic tools of financial management
About the Presenter
Leon Seemann (www.ConsultwithLeon.com) is a management consultant with over 25 years of experience helping nonprofits and private businesses grow and thrive financially and organizationally by ensuring that they are well funded, well managed and well respected.
Mr. Seemann is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with expertise in leadership, strategic planning, operations, and fundraising. His whole focus is on helping organizations be more effective today than you were yesterday.
About the Nonprofit Academy
In partnership with the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce and its Nonprofit Initiative, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties launched an ongoing workshop and training program for area nonprofits called the Nonprofit Academy. Each year, more than 200 attendees join workshops on fundraising, administration and HR, and publicity and outreach.