The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties is now accepting applications for its 2021-2022 Board Chair Roundtable, a program of the Community Foundation’s Social Impact Institute.
Board Chairs play a critical role in a nonprofit organization’s success, and the role often comes with many challenges. Joining the Board Chair Roundtable will give you the opportunity to network and connect with other local nonprofit Board Chairs; learn effective strategies for honing your Board leadership; explore topics related to nonprofit Board management, governance, and best practices; and provide and receive support from your peers in a confidential and trusted setting.
The Board Chair Roundtable will be comprised of a small group of 6-10 nonprofit Board Chairs who will meet monthly for 90-minute sessions, over six months. The Board Chair Roundtable will be organized and facilitated by Nicole Acosta, Vice President of Grants and Nonprofit Programs for the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties. Sessions will be held virtually using Zoom.
Interested applicants must complete the Registration Application, due by Monday, October 25, 2021 (download below). BCR sessions will begin in November 2021. BCR session schedule will be provided to participants in late October, based on the availability provided in the application form. Program fee is $60.
Eligibility and Commitments
- Participants must be a current Board Chair of a 501(C)(3) public charity serving Loudoun and/or Northern Fauquier Counties;
- Participants must complete the Registration Application below and submit to Nicole Acosta at [email protected], no later than Monday October 25, 2021;
- Board Chairs of organizations with Executive Directors should share their intent to join the program with their Executive Director in order to help lay groundwork for new ideas and conversations the Board Chair Roundtable may generate. Strong relationships and good communication between the Board Chairs and Executive Directors is a vital component of an organization’s health.
- Participants commit to attending all or a majority of the six monthly BRC sessions, beginning November 2021;
- Participants or their organizations agree to pay the $60 program fee in November.
Questions? Contact Nicole Acosta at [email protected] or 703-779-3505, x3.